Head of Modern Foreign Languages
TLR1c Allowance (£11,253.00)
Required January 2018 or earliest opportunity
De La Salle School and Language College is a thriving oversubscribed fully comprehensive and inclusive 11-16 school.
The Governors are seeking to appoint, for January 2018, or earliest opportunity, an enthusiastic, experienced and well-qualified Teacher to develop and lead our Modern Foreign Languages Department. Language results have been excellent for a number of years. Languages is taught to all students through to GCSE.
The Department currently consists of 4 language teachers who are clearly focused on raising standards of teaching and ensuring all pupils make excellent progress.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- Has a proven record of excellence, including delivering consistently outstanding lessons to pupils of all abilities.
- Has the vision, drive and skills to contribute to the school development.
- Is capable of maintaining and developing exciting, imaginative and effective curriculum for all Key Stages.
- Has the leadership skills and experience to make a significant impact on sustaining and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning across all age abilities.
- Be passionate about Modern Foreign Languages, and capable of enthusing and inspiring both pupils and staff.
- An ability to teach Spanish would be an advantage.
- Support and follow the Catholic ethos of the School
- Be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
Whilst the successful candidate is not required to be Catholic, you would be expected to support and follow the Catholic ethos of the School.
Closing date: Monday 6th November, 12.00pm
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical check and references.