Due to the retirement of the current post holder the Governing Body is looking to recruit an outstanding Catering Manager to run the school dining provision, ensuring efficient and economic use is made of its resources, and that the quality of dining is outstanding. They will also lead on the management of the catering team and midday staff.
Our ideal candidate will:
· have experience of managing a kitchen and staff
· be a good role model for students and staff, with high expectations for self and others
· have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills
· be financially astute and able to build relationships with suppliers to achieve value for money
· have a good Health & Safety knowledge
· have a knowledge of nutrition and a genuine interest and willingness to trial different ideas in order to help students learn how to eat healthily
· be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
· support and follow the Catholic ethos of the School
The annual salary will be Band 4 (Scale 26-30) £23,398 – £26,822 £ pro rata (inclusive of outer fringe allowance). Hours 7am to 3pm, 44.3 weeks per year plus 2 weeks during school closure.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical check and references.
Please log on to Essex schools Jobs to apply.