Welcome to our Business Department
Business Studies is a dynamic subject that is influenced by developments in the United Kingdom and other parts of the world. These include changes in the law, economy, politics, social attitudes and technology.
The subject is delivered in ICT suites, which allow students to easily access the internet as a research tool. Lessons are constantly updated in response to changes in the economic and political environments.
Key Stage 4 - GCSE Business
Examination Board: Edexcel
This course would be appropriate for highly motivated students who are keen to understand the world around them from a business perspective.
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Spotting a business opportunity
- Putting a business idea into practice
- Making the business effective
- Understanding external influences on business
- Growing the business
- Making marketing decisions
- Making operational decisions
- Making financial decisions
- Making human resource decisions
Assessment: Each of the Themes is assessed separately. Therefore, the course has 2 examinations that consist of multiple choice, short answer and essay style questions.