The Aims of De La Salle School
- To assist the students in gaining an understanding and appreciation of the Catholic Faith through love and faith in Christ and thus to strengthen respect for religious and moral values in their daily lives.
- To help students develop lively and enquiring and creative minds, a love of learning, to apply themselves to tasks through the virtues of self-discipline and hard work.
- To help students acquire the knowledge and understanding within a broad and balanced curriculum to equip and prepare them for the world in which they live.
- To develop, in students, an appreciation of their own worth and self esteem and thus to respect other people, other faiths and other cultures.
We place great emphasis on:
- Developing spiritual, social and moral core values for all members of the community
identifying, nurturing and monitoring individual talents and skills so that all students and staff can achieve their full potential
- Providing a secure, happy and purposeful learning environment in which the highest academic standards can be achieved and maintained
- Fostering a spirit of respect and service within our local and wider community
- Providing excellent facilities with extensive Information and Computer Technology resources
- Providing opportunities and challenges to encourage confidence, self-esteem and a true sense of self belief in personal achievement.